Each has its own rate of sleep. Some fairly 5 - 6 hours to sleep, others can not do without 7 - 8 hours a night rest Distinguish the following types of insomnia.
• Difficulty falling asleep.
• Frequent waking in the middle of the night and a light sleep.
• Early and finally awakening.
Difficulty falling asleep more common in people of anxiety, emotional and easily excitable, as well as in cases of pronounced fatigue in the second half of the day.
Superficial sleep may be a sign of psycho-physical asthenia, exhaustion, brief stop breathing during sleep (sleep apnea syndrome), quick departure of physiological functions, increased intracranial pressure and other disorders of the Central nervous system. Early and final awakening more common in the elderly, and people with depressive disorders.
Determine their rate of sleep. Try to go to sleep at a certain time. Set sleep time, say, from 1 a.m. till 6 in the morning. If you sleep soundly in the past 5 hours, add 15 minutes each week until the start waking up at night. Or decrease the time of sleep for 15 minutes, you don't need to Wake up in the night. This is your limit needed sleep. You'll Wake up in a bold, fresh, and ready for the day's work.
* If you sometimes find it hard to sleep, don't be afraid to defer going to bed for 1 - 2 hours. The process of being in the dark, listening to the sounds of falling water drops in the bathroom or thinking about why they cannot fall asleep, even more will make it difficult to fall asleep. If, one day, curl up under a blanket, you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes, get up, get out of the bedroom and take care of some commonplace. Do not be afraid. Step out of bed and go look later transmission on television. This will allow you to get out of the predicament.
* Go to sleep, just feeling sleepy. During the day there are 3 physiological period downturns activity, from 15 to 17 hours; from 23 to 1 hour of the night; from 4 to 5 o'clock in the morning. If it happened that you «have overstayed» decline from 23 to 1 hour, you may have problems with falling asleep.
* Do not sleep in the afternoon.
* Food and sleep. In the second half of the day is not recommended to consume chocolate, coffee, strong tea. Should abandon the «wine glasses at night. Alcohol aggravates the condition of the nervous system. The last meal should be not later than 2 - 3 hours before bedtime. Before sleep, drink a glass of warm milk with a spoon of honey. But you cannot go to sleep with a feeling of hunger. An hour before bedtime to sit for 10 minutes, calm down, relax, reflect on the day Affairs, analyze the causes of your stress. Do not eat or smoke at night. If you happen to Wake up in the night, never закуривайте cigarette and not go to the kitchen for a snack. Both of these classes are completely unacceptable during the night up to the moment of awakening.
* Helps committing so-called rituals: receive a warm bath with aromatic oils, reading a good book, listening to soft music. Hot tub and massage before bed to warm up the body, relax the muscles and create the preconditions for a sound sleep.
You can resort to means of traditional medicine. Infusion of mint and some other herbs to help relieve tension and stress. Sometimes to overcome insomnia, it is enough to drink soothing tea, 1 - 2 weeks. 80% of all cases of insomnia are the result of violation of daily biorhythms (the so-called benign insomnia) and only 20% are caused by various diseases.